April 8, 2012

The Niece

So I'm an uncle, and it's one of the coolest things EVER.  Especially when my niece is literally the cutest baby ever.  No, I do not just mean really really cute, and it's not just because "she's family and so she's the cutest to me".  I mean that my niece is actually the cutest baby that exists - period.  Her name is Evette Rose McQuay!


I'm a TA, and last semester I told my students I became an uncle.  Look what one of them wrote on his homework assignment!


I'm very excited for my sister and brother-in-law and their upcoming adventure moving to Dallas.  However, that means that Niece will be leaving, which is sad.  So I babysit her whenever I can before they leave this summer!


My sister is quite the blogger (see here), and Evette has been the star for the past six-ish months.  But the photos below are never-before-seen exclusives taken by me!  My sister doesn't even have copies yet (hee hee).  Here she is:


This was taken about 4 hours after she was born.


These are from Evette's first babysit - by me!  I brought some inflatable dinosaurs for a surprise.  She didn't know what to think!

 Another babysit picture - she's helping me do my genetics homework!

 Cowgirl

Mariachi girl



Here are some of my favorites from my sister's blog:

I gave this outfit to Evette for Christmas - it says "My First Jackson Pollock" with a picture of a blank canvass!






 Giggles with Uncle Dan!



 Niece + Dinosaur = The Best


 Probably my favorite picture of her!




 This looks like a face Calvin (of Calvin & Hobbes) would make.







 Another Calvin-esque face.



For all the single ladies out there, just remember that I've got half the DNA it takes to make a baby this cute!  The rest is up to you...

3 comments:

  1. I love love love love this post!!!
    Finally I can steal these pictures! thank you
    also - I love your ending to this blog - great incentive! :)

    ReplyDelete