April 12, 2013

Christmas

I've wanted to write about this for some time... and I finally start during a 3 hour layover in Phoenix!  Here's the thing... I had a terrific Christmas.  I'll give you just a FEW highlights:

1.  a combined young single adult church activity: Yule Ball

2.  reading A Christmas Carol with friends around the Christmas tree and fireplace DVD

3.  the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert
(quite possibly the most Christmas-y thing I've ever experienced)


4.  two high school Christmas concerts at the beautiful Cypress Creek Christian Church

5.  being invited to a cowboy church's Christmas musical program
This place is legit - there's a horse arena in front, the chapel is decorated with cow hide and antlers, and the pastor is a former professional calf roper and steer wrestler.  Click to check out their website or sermon videos.

And finally, nothing gets much better than just spending time with friends and family back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment