April 13, 2013

I have a Bacon number!

I think most people are familiar with the '6 degrees of separation' theory. If you're not, look it up.  Related to this is the '6 degrees of Kevin Bacon' theory. Kevin Bacon has figuratively been in a billion movies; the idea is that any actor can be connected to him through 6 or fewer degrees (connections between actors). For example, Emma Watson was in The Perks of Being a Wallflower with Logan Lerman (1), who was in My One and Only with Kevin Bacon (2). The number of connections has come to be known as the 'Bacon number' - Emma Watson's Bacon number is 2. Google has incorporated this feature - just search any actor's name followed by the words 'Bacon number.'

Today I learned that I have a Bacon number! MY BACON NUMBER IS 4!

I played a singing, tap dancing cowboy in my high school's production of Crazy for You. (1)
(I'm the one kneeling in the front; the director is in the navy blue shirt)

The director of my high school drama department (and the play I was in) has been friends with Jim Parsons since they were in high school; they were also roommates at the University of Houston. Both of them were involved with Infernal Bridegroom Productions, a now-defunct theater company based in Houston (home of the country's 2nd-largest theater district). (2)

Jim Parsons and Billy Bob Thornton appeared in School for Scoundrels together... (3)

...and Billy Bob Thornton and Kevin Bacon starred in Jayne Mansfield's Car. (4)

1 comment:

  1. Your bacon number is actually three because you know me, I served john lithgow at glorias little italy, and john lithgow was is footloose with Kevin Bacon. So, you're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete